Fellsway Wanderers offers yoga for players to help them become better athletes and kinder people.
Each yoga session explores a combination of stretching and strengthening, breathing exercises, and gratitude practices players can use on and off the mat – on the soccer field, in the classroom, in their extracurricular activities, and at home.
There are several benefits of yoga for kids:
- Boosts self-confidence
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Promotes self-discipline
- Improves concentration and focus
- Increases awareness of themselves from the inside – physically and emotionally
- Brings oxygen to the body
- Calms the nervous system
- Energizes our bodies
- Clears and refreshes our minds
- You can do it ANYWHERE!
- Improves strength
- Increases flexibility and range of motion
- Develops core stability & improves balance
- Improves coordination & agility
- Increases endurance
- Appreciate motion vs. stillness
- Alleviates pre-game/performance jitters
- Feel better about their lives overall
- Experience higher levels of positive emotions like optimism, enthusiasm, love, and happiness
- Are kinder and more generous to others
- Sleep better
- Able to cope with stress more effectively and recover more quickly from stressful situations
Regardless of each player’s experience with yoga, players are offered a safe, supported, fun/silly, and non-judgmental environment where they can feel comfortable to explore and discover how yoga can benefit their lives.